Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cartoon Skeletons



The first week of Art One we do a lot of observational drawing. One of my favorite assignments is to have everyone draw Chick, the skeleton (see above). They draw her twice. Once at the beginning of the week and once again at the end of the week. I guarantee my students will see a 743% improvement from one to the other.

In order to ensure their success, I believe having them understand the bones of the body is rather helpful. In order to do this, I have each student select a cartoon character and then draw what they believe to be the cartoon's skeletal structure. Here are some of the results....












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...