Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Artists Solve Problems: Part 5

Blog post stolen from Melissa Purtee's Blog --> http://purteeart1.weebly.com/

So, new unit "Artists Solve Problems". I'm in love. We kicked it off with this awesome TED Talk (are there un-awesome TED Talks?). The goal here is to teach my students to understand that sometimes the things that limit us can inspire our greatest work. BIG stuff! We're also working on the idea of identifying problems, then finding solutions. So, because I care, I gave my little artlings a problem. Art 1 students had to figure out how to make art out of newspaper. And, because I'm crazy, I didn't give them any examples - we reviewed some ways they've learned to plan but they had to find their own ideas.  Here's some of what they did - and this was just a three day assignment!

Picture
Watercolor, cut newspaper flowers and coffee are all part of this work.

Picture
This DNA strand was a collaborative effort.
Picture
Newspaper Blackout inspired this collaborative work. 
Picture
News paper cat! 
Picture  
This collage involved experimenting to get the desired effect in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...