Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Monday, January 10, 2011

Top 5 iPad Apps for the Art Teacher



For Christmas I got an iPad! How very exciting, I know! Already I have a small collection of apps that I think are very art teacher friendly. And the best part is, all but one of these are free!

I submit to you my..

Top 5 iPad Apps for the Art Teacher!


#5. Note Hub



Note Hub lets you create a single place to store information about a project. You create a folder, name it and then place websites, maps, notes, drawings, etc. inside.

Here is an example. Since i plan to attend the NAEA Conference in Seattle this year, I thought it would be a good project to start. Inside my project I have browser windows preloaded with webpages about the conference as well as places to stay and things to do in Seattle. I also placed a map of Seattle in my project and a task list of things to do before I go.

Now when i need to review anything about the conference I simply open the project. Very cool!

--------------

#4. The MoMA Abstract Expressionist New York



All the artist and Abstract Expressionist artwork of the MoMA in NYC. You can browse by artist or chronologically. There are videos to watch, art terms to learn and even a map of Manhattan.




But the most fun thing to do is open the artwork and zoom in real close! Look how cool this Pollock painting looks all zoomed in!

--------------

#3. Adobe Ideas



Suddenly you come up with the best idea in the world.... making Zonkey Crossing signs. You quickly open Adobe Ideas and after a few quick flicks of the finger, you have it all drawn up and ready to go. Now click the email button and send it to all your friends!

--------------

#2 Famous Artists



A must have if you teach art history. The screen displays a famous artwork and provides a choice of 4 possible artists. See how many you can guess. It keeps score and it's harder than you might think. My best score so far is 18 right in a row. How embarrassing!

--------------

and my #1 pick.... Flipboard



Flipboard is simply the coolest way to read Twitter tweets. Flipboard converts tweets into a magazine style layout making it easy and fun to read.



You can group many of your favorite things together, i.e. i have my google reader that contains all the blogs i follow set up as a layout. Alternately, you can follow a single person. Above is one page of the Craig Roland's magazine I created in Flipboard.

.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this wonderful collection on the Art Education Ning 2.0 iPad/iTouch/iPhone group!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...