Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Did You Steal That Off Pinterest?

This month on the Art of Education, we address an important issue... should we copy projects we see on Pinterest?

art of apex

Everyone likes Pinterest, but it has produced an art quandary in my life. I kicked off the new semester of my high school art class with a unit on text art. In short, I asked my students to create a work of art using only text. Most students came up with original ideas, but a few students found ideas on Pinterest and wanted to emulate the concepts. I’m sure you have seen the type of projects I’m referring to. Those one-hit wonder Pinterest projects like the melted crayons and string art.

Is there value in the process or are students copycats? Continue reading...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...